Word 2016 Intermediate – 1 Day – $245
- September 19, 2017
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
After you master the basics of using Microsoft® Word 2016 such as creating, editing, and saving documents; navigating through a document; and printing, you’re ready to move on to tackling the more advanced features. These features enable you to create complex and professional documents with a consistent look and feel. They also enable you to automate tedious tasks such as preparing a letter to send to every customer of your organization.
Creating professional-looking documents can help you give your organization a competitive edge. Implementing time-saving features such as document templates and automated mailings helps your organization reduce expenses. Mastering these techniques will make you a valued employee in your organization.
Target Student: This course is designed for students who wish to use Microsoft Word to create and modify complex documents and use tools that allow them to customize those documents.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows®, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser. In addition, you should be able to navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, and saving documents; formatting text and paragraphs; format the overall appearance of a page; and create lists and tables. To meet these prerequisites, you can take the following courses:
Microsoft® Office Word 2016:Introduction
Course Length: 1 Day
In this course, you will learn to create and modify complex documents and use tools that allow you to customize those documents.
- Organize content using tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Insert content using quick parts.
- Use templates to automate document formatting.
- Control the flow of a document.
- Simplify and manage long documents.
Lesson 1: Organizing Content Using Tables and Charts
- Sort Table Data
- Control Cell Layout
- Perform Calculations in a Table
- Create a Chart
Lesson 2: Customizing Formats Using Styles and Themes
- Create and Modify Text Styles
- Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Apply Document Themes
Lesson 3: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Insert Building Blocks
- Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 4: Using Templates to Automate Document Formatting
- Create a Document Using a Template
- Create and Modify a Template
- Manage Templates with the Template Organizer
Lesson 5: Controlling the Flow of a Document
- Control Paragraph Flow
- Insert Section Breaks
- Insert Columns
- Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 6: Simplifying and Managing Long Documents
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert a Table of Contents
- Insert an Ancillary Table
- Manage Outlines
- Create a Master Document
Lesson 7: Using Mail Merge to Create Letters, Envelopes, and Labels
- The Mail Merge Feature
- Merge Envelopes and Labels
Venue: Virtual Live Instructor Led