Excel 2016 Introduction – 1 Day – $245
- September 12, 2017
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
- October 2, 2017
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Datetime Description (optional)
In this Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2016 training class, you will create and edit basic worksheets and workbooks.
Target Student: This course is intended for students who wish to gain the foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Excel 2016 that is necessary to create and work with electronic spreadsheets. This course benefits those who want to gain the necessary skills to create, edit, format, and print basic Microsoft Excel 2016 worksheets and workbooks.
Prerequisites: To ensure success, students will need to be familiar with using personal computers and should have experience using a keyboard and mouse. Students should also be comfortable working in the Windows environment. Specific tasks the students should be able to perform include: opening and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders.
Course Length: 1 Day
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to create and develop Excel worksheets and workbooks in order to work with and analyze the data that is critical to the success of your organization.
- Get started with Microsoft Office Excel 2016.
- Perform calculations.
- Modify a worksheet.
- Format a worksheet.
- Print workbooks.
- Manage workbooks.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Office Excel 2016
- Navigate the Excel User Interface
- Use Excel Commands
- Create and Save a Basic Workbook
- Enter Cell Data
- Use Excel Help
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations
- Create Worksheet Formulas
- Insert Functions
- Reuse Formulas and Functions
Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- Insert, Delete, and Adjust Cells, Columns, and Rows
- Search for and Replace Data
- Use Proofing and Research Tools
Lesson 4: Formatting a Worksheet
- Apply Text Formats
- Apply Number Formats
- Align Cell Contents
- Apply Styles and Themes
- Apply Basic Conditional Formatting
- Create and Use Templates
Lesson 5: Printing Workbooks
- Preview and Print a Workbook
- Set Up the Page Layout
- Configure Headers and Footers
Lesson 6: Managing Workbooks
- Manage Worksheets
- Manage Workbook and Worksheet Views
- Manage Workbook Properties
Venue: Virtual Live Instructor Led